SUSTAINABLE TOURISM 0.2
The tourism industry is overheating - too many tourists too little benefits for tourism marketers and tourism destinations alike. And the future is more challenging than ever - climate change, other environmental problems and overcrowding and social and security problems cloud the horizon. Every participant must be scratching their heads to see their opportunity in the future. Sustainable Tourism 0.2 is designed to simply and clearly show the future of tourism and your opportunity in it.
The report will include three special features:
- The Great Silk Road – the biggest opportunity to brand heritage tourism ever - vast untapped tourism wealth and development for 34 Silk Road countries
- Food & tourism sustainability, to deliver SME development, higher tourism spend enhanced destination marketing and branding
- The destination of the future - strong, profitable a great place to live
- Sustainable tourism why? The overwhelming case for economic, social, cultural environmental sustainability in tourism
- Destinations – Grab your power! Dozens of case studies from all over the world will show how smart destinations are delivering sustainable benefits for their communities – and for visitors.
- Marketing for Sustainable Tourism - start as you wish to go - target the best visitors for your destination - fulfil your destination communities needs by addressing those of your chosen visitors
- The Global Top100 Sustainable Destinations – reviewed and analysed.
- Travel Agents and Tour Operators, Online Travel Agents and Tour Operators, Transportation companies, land, sea,air – the story so far and the opportunities on the table.
- Climate change – is it an existential threat or a massive opportunity or both? Will carbon offsets come back into fashion and where will airline emissions (currently what make sustainable tourism an oxymoron) take us and ICAO?
- Politics & tourism – is this a chance for destination managers and politicians to maximise their destination's opportunities and squeeze the maximum benefits out of tourism for their communities? – for most destinations, tourism is a massive vote getter!
- Waste - plastic, effluent, water, power - will these be the biggest and most publicised destination issues
- Technology - OTAs, visitor management, virtual tourism – technology has the power to completely change tourism in destinations – so far we have seen the power of the OTAs to dominate hotel marketing – what’s next?
- Plus Peace & tourism – has it all become a forlorn dream? Or will it be revitalised? Art & tourism – can it deliver massive value-added? Food and tourism – possibly the most sustainable issue of them all.
TO BUY THE REPORT PRE-PUBLICATION AND SAVE £150 (60%) CLICK HERE
The report is specifically created to be of use to: Tourism Ministers, Destination Managers, Travel and Tourism Executives, Higher Education Organisations with tourism courses.
Above all tourism is a partnership economic activity - it must make profits to be sustainable. It must deliver a value-led service to its clients that makes profit for all its partners - en route and in the destination wherever that may be.
Over the last 60 years tourism has grown to be the world's biggest economic activity. One in ten of the world's labour force are engaged in tourism and is is still growing creating a multi-trillion dollar opportunity-trove. It is clearly a major political opportunity,
Clearly to grow further and survive, tourism must become sustainable economically, socially, culturally and
environmentally. These aspects will be key to the future growth and stability of the industry and its ability to consistently deliver benefits to all concerned.